SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s a way of making your website rank higher, by displaying it on the top of the list on google. Good SEO keywords will drive traffic to your Shopify store. When searching for specific products or services the SEO will send you to a variety of online stores, so it’s an important tool to understand as an online store owner. Google picks up on your SEO. Google works in wonders, Shopify store owners are competing everyday to have their store displayed on top of the search life. SEO is like a game, being on top of everyone else gives you a winning score by gaining customers.
How to find and use good SEO keywords
- Study your niche
- Spy on winning Shopify store to see what works and what doesn’t
- Use keywords in the title and make them stand out throughout your website. Making the SEO more reliable.
How Does SEO Work?
Search engine optimization uses content from all websites online, then collects all the data and adds it to the search index to provide the best result to what people are searching for. Shoppers are more likely to click on the first results shown on google. SEO takes pieces of content from all over the web and optimizes it so google can display it on the top of the search page. SEO is a way to satisfy potential customers, driving them to click on your Shopify store.
Benefits of SEO
Having a good SEO strategy will help you gain more customers resulting in more sales. For example, Summer is around the corner and you need to invest in new sunglasses, swimsuits, or hats to protect yourself from the sun. The steps include searching online for these products and with good SEO your store will be on top of the search results which will lead people to click on your store! Without good SEO, your store will not be successful and you will lose sales. SEO improves the quality and quantity of driving more traffic.
Advantages of SEO
- Staying ahead of the competition with good SEO, by having your business appear first when searching for specific products. SEO is a way to promote your store, giving you more customers by making it easier to locate your store.
- Better user experience and reviews on your website with having a good SEO. People want answers with less time and reliability.
Disadvantages of SEO
- Good SEO can help you stay ahead of your competitors but SEO can also give you competitive with other stores. Popular products can be displayed throughout a variety of online stores and not everyone will store at the same place.
- Even with good SEO, no one can promise you your store will be ahead of other stores. There are a large number of online stores that sell common products. Standing out is key!