The checkout page is the last step of the shopping process, where the customer will enter the payment and shipping information and see the final price. The checkout page of any online shop should be easy to navigate with clear instructions. As a merchant, you need to give the customers what they want to see. The checkout page lets shoppers review the products and prices before continuing to checkout.
Customize the checkout page so the customers will continue to shop with you. By creating an easy-to-navigate checkout page, merchants will be able to drive traffic, increase customer loyalty with more purchases, and boost overall customer satisfaction. The checkout page should give the customers a review of the order before submitting their information to ensure everything is correct.
Features such as skip to checkout help to avoid the step-to-step process of checking out and avoiding abandoned carts. Shopify offers an app called Reconvert Upsell and Cross-sell. This app helps change and modify the checkout page and gives customers post-checkout updates, such as store-wide sales, new products, and any changes the company makes.
From the start of shopping to checking out, customers are attracted to stores that make checking out easy. Grow the business with Shopify shipping and grow the revenue. A tracking page should be presented with an email. This lets the customer know when the package will be delivered.
How to optimize the checkout page:
- Create a call to action through the checkout page, driving customers to continue shopping with the company
- Give free shipping opportunities with future checkouts
- Bring awareness to joining a referral program through the checkout page
- Build trust by giving the option to guess checkout, so there is no commitment or pressure
- Ask for the customer’s email and provide them with a tracking number