In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about Ecomhunt and the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension in 2023. We will take you through understanding how Ecomhunt works, as well as some of the valuable information you can access using this tool.
We will also take you step-by-step through the process of getting started with Ecomhunt, including what to consider before deciding if you want to go for the free or paid subscriptions. And lastly, we will consider some of the pros and cons of using Ecomhunt and the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension.
You might be newly entering the global dropshipping market, or perhaps you have been shipping products for a while and are just looking to increase your product sales and find new and better products. It can be overwhelming when you are faced with the sheer magnitude of how many different products dropshipping suppliers have available for you to sell.
This is where Ecomhunt comes in. It is a one-stop spy tool, providing you with all the information you need to help you choose winning products from dropshipping suppliers, who to market them to, up-to-date trends, as well as comprehensive product analytics.
I. How does Ecomhunt Work?
Ecomhunt is an e-commerce tool and product research platform that is used by entrepreneurs to access valuable information about global dropshipping trends to help them make more online product sales.
You can use Ecomhunt to find the leading products that will be winning sellers, which will make your online business financially profitable.
Ecomhunt saves you the time and effort you might normally spend on researching which products to sell. Ecomhunt uses relevant data and analytics to give you information about leading products.
You can use the information from Ecomhunt to streamline your product line, focus your marketing strategy and stay ahead of the curve with all the most up-to-date information and access to top dropshipping suppliers at your fingertips.
As entrepreneurs, we know that you don’t want to waste your time or money marketing products that just don’t sell. Ecomhunt provides daily updates to their analytics – which means that you receive the latest and most relevant information. Using Ecomhunt will take your shipping business to new levels of success.
II. So what are some of the specific features of Ecomhunt?
Ecomhunt reduces the time and effort you would spend on doing market research. You will have access to all the most relevant information about global dropshipping trends on this user-friendly platform.
We suggest signing up for the free version and taking your time to explore the features and familiarize yourself with all of Ecomhunt’s amazing tools.
Let’s take a closer look at just some of the helpful features that the Ecomhunt spy tool provides you with:
- A curated list of best daily products: This classic feature offers a list of suggested winning products to sell. The list is curated by a product research team who are dedicated to finding only the best products for you to sell.
- Product tracker: Using information from Aliexpress, you will be able to see specific information about your chosen products: how many sales, how many people have that product on their wish list, a graph tracking actual sales, and more.
- Ecomhunt Live: This feature lists the top 10 global dropshipping products being tracked by Ecomhunt, and provides helpful market research: ‘top countries by interest’ to ‘buyers’ interest of the last 30 days’.
- Filters: This option allows you to use different filters to narrow down the products you would like to start shipping; you can play with different filters to see how they score on various rating systems (for example ‘margins’ and ‘trending’).
- Product reviews: Direct and easy access to customer reviews, which will give your customers an idea of what it is like to own the product themselves.
- Margins: Ecomhunt provides a list of the margins of global dropshipping products, and also gives a margin score, with higher margins getting a higher score. They also offer a suggested selling price with related profits that you can make.
- Saturation: This tool tells you how many other shops are also currently selling your chosen product because while you do want to market something that is trending, you don’t want to try to sell something that everyone else is already shipping.
- Facebook targeting suggestions: This shows you suggestions of who to target: age, gender, and country, among other factors.
- Instagram Influencers: You will be shown Instagram Influencers who are in the same niche as the product you want to sell, as well as other products that they are promoting – providing helpful ideas for additional products you too can start shipping.
- Product information: Detailed descriptions of all products which you can edit and use for your own marketing purposes.
- Product images: Full access to high-quality images which you can use to advertise your product.
III. How do I find winning products for dropshipping?
Now that you can see why Ecomhunt is so helpful, let’s take a look at how you can use Ecomhunt to start finding winning products for your global dropshipping enterprise.
In just a few easy steps you will be able to use this spy tool to access valuable market and product information that will put you on the path to winning sales. Also, you can check this video and find out how to find product in 5 minutes:
Step 1: Create an Ecomhunt account and download Ecomhunt Chrome Extension
Firstly, we suggest familiarizing yourself with the Ecomhunt platform, as well as the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension. You can create a free Ecomhunt account for yourself using just your email address and a password of your choice.
Once you have created your free account, you can download the free Ecomhunt Chrome Extension by clicking the blue Add to Chrome button on the right.
Use your existing Ecomhunt login name and password in order to access the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension. We suggest that you pin this extension to your toolbar for it to work properly.
Signing into Ecomhunt, allows you to become part of their online community, with access to helpful tutorials, podcasts, video tutorials, and other user support to assist you in making the most of this comprehensive platform. You will have access to all the top dropshipping suppliers along with helpful product information.
Step 2: Link Ecomhunt Chrome Extension to Facebook or any Shopify store
If you have your own online shop hosted through Shopify, you can easily link the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension to this.
Another use of the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension is that it links to Facebook. This means that you will now also have access to additional helpful information from Facebook ads.
Using the Ecomhunt Chrome Extension with Facebook, you can select the option for only viral posts which will pull data on all the latest trending products. These are the posts that will have the highest engagement. Keeping an eye on viral posts can put you one step ahead, allowing you to choose popular new products to start shipping that are not yet saturated.
Ecomhunt can be used on many platforms and marketplaces, including Amazon, eBay, and Facebook. There is no limit to the number of platforms or online stores which you can use.
Step 3: Choose your products
While Ecomhunt does take care of the time and effort you would normally spend on product research, it doesn’t choose what products you will sell – only you can do that.
Ecomhunt and Ecomhunt Chrome Extension provide you with all the research, data, and analytics you need in order to choose what products you will be shipping.
It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with all the information and tools that Ecomhunt offers on its platform so that you can make the best decision when it comes to choosing which dropshipping suppliers to use and the products you are going to sell.
Step 4: Start marketing your Ecomhunt products online
Now that you have chosen which products you will be shipping, you can decide how you would like to market them online. You can sell on all or any of these platforms, amongst others:
- Facebook ads
- Google ads
Ecomhunt provides you with high-quality product images that you can use for your sales marketing. Ecomhunt also offers in-depth product descriptions, which you can edit to suit your marketing needs.
IV. Should I use the Free or the Paid Ecomhunt?
You might choose to start with the free Ecomhunt, but most users quickly realize the benefits they can derive from this platform and choose to upgrade to one of the paid options.
There are four subscription plans available to Ecomhunt users:
Choosing one of the paid subscriptions will give you access to many more features and products. Deciding if you choose to opt for a paid plan will depend on what you want to use Ecomhunt for, as well as how big you want to grow your e-commerce business.
For example, with a higher subscription level, you will be able to track more products. This will be helpful if you are wanting to sell more products. The free version allows you to track 5 products, Basic tracks 10 products, Pro tracks up to 100, and Suite will track up to 500 products.
In general, the Pro version would be suitable for most small to medium size dropshipping businesses, but larger dropshipping businesses would probably need to opt for the Suite version.
The paid versions also give you access to the most up-to-date winning products. In addition, you can unlock some really awesome features such as product reviews, Youtube product videos, Facebooks ads, and more.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the free subscription will only give you detailed analytics of 2 products per day, whereas with the paid subscriptions you will have access to detailed analytics for many more products. Ecomhunt has made access to all these analytics so convenient, all of which can help you decide on the direction to move your global dropshipping business.
V. Ecomhunt pros and cons
Some of the common pros and cons of Ecomhunt include:
- Ecomhunt is an all-in-one tool that will cover just about everything you need to know to start your global dropshipping business.
- The Ecomhunt platform and Ecomhunt Chrome Extension offer relevant insightful analytics on products, and this information is updated daily.
- The Ecomhunt Chrome Extension offers excellent added benefits when linked to Facebook Ads and Shopify.
- Ecomhunt provides access to top ad campaigns, which will help you create your own ads and marketing strategy.
- Since Ecomhunt is one of the most popular dropshipping tools, this means that you are competing with thousands of other sellers if you choose to sell the recommended winning products.
- Most Ecomhunt products are sourced from China and often have longer shipping times of around 6-8 weeks.
- Ecomhunt will sometimes exaggerate the selling prices and expected margins
Ecomhunt is one of the all-in-one platforms currently available that can save you time and effort while helping you generate profits through your dropshipping business.
The risk is that because Ecomhunt is so ubiquitous (everywhere) on the internet, following their recommendations means that you’re likely to end up with lots of other people in a similar position as you, all competing for the same slice of the pie.
Online reviews are mixed, with several concerns raised that it is difficult to get out of an Ecomhunt contract once you have signed up for a paid version of the app. Recommended selling prices and related profit margins can also be inflated, leading to unrealistic expectations on the part of the dropshipper.
Offering up-to-date data collection and product research is increasingly the missing ingredient to eCommerce store success.
In this competitive online world, a spy tool such as Ecomhunt Chrome Extension or an inspector tool such Koala Inspector will provide you with all you need to know to start your global dropshipping business and take it to new levels of success.
Koala Inspector helps you understand their pricing strategy superbly, while also giving you their best-selling products. It also offers greater visibility over what your competitors are selling.
Like the Australian marsupial, the koala bear that the Koala Inspector is named after, this Shopify spy tool for dropshipping is cute and super easy to engage with – which is why it perhaps trumps the more generic Ecomhunt for niche opportunity and ease of use as you take your dropshipping enterprise to the next level. Good luck!